Injured in a car accident in Colorado? Many times your case is won or lost at the scene
- posted: Jan. 21, 2022
You are injured in a car wreck, and someone else is at fault. Many things are going through your mind. How badly am I hurt? How will I get the car fixed? Am I going to miss a lot of days at work? Chances are, filing a personal injury claim is not one of the things on your mind. Unfortunately, it needs to be.
Usually, the parties involved should immediately contact the police department to report the incident. When police officers arrive at the scene, they will obtain:
- The names and contact information of the people involved.
- The names and contact information of the witnesses.
- The exact location and/or address of the incident.
- The exact time and date of the occurrence.
- A description of what happened.
- A description of the injuries and the damages
All of these can be very important to establishing just what happened weeks or months later. If for some reason you cannot call the police, or they do not arrive, it is important for you to get all of this information on your own!