Tom Bulger has been with us since 1996 when he moved here from Philadelphia, where he had worked for a large personal injury law firm. He is a graduate of Canisius College (honors in History, and International Affairs) and Rutgers University School of Law (1993). He has worked for a United States District Court Judge and the U.S. Attorney's Office in its criminal and Organized Crime Divisions. He has been successful as sole trial counsel and also before appellate courts. Tom’s record in jury trial includes verdicts for our clients of $640,000.00 (motorcycle accident), $160,000.00 (auto accident). Recently his advocacy on appeal preserved a $470,000.00 judgment that he had won in Adams County in a slip and fall case. Tom has also obtained millions of dollars in quiet, confidential settlement for our clients, and has received a rating of 4.4 of 5 from the Martindale-Hubble peer review process (Distinguished) and 4.8 of 5 (Preeminent) based on client surveys. Tom has handled cases all over Colorado, from trials in the Denver Metro area (Denver, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Boulder, Lakewood, Littleton, Thorton and Broomfield) to the mountains.
In addition to his background in personal injury law, Tom has developed a strong employee benefit practice which focuses on long term disability, short term disability and ERISA cases. Tom has helped hundreds of Colorado workers obtain needed insurance benefits.
At Silvern & Bulger, P.C., we have spent years focusing on our practice areas to provide our clients with the best representation possible. We do not handle every type of case, but hope we can be of assistance to all those in the community that need legal assistance. Visit our Legal Resources page for other legal and government organizations that may be able to provide the assistance you need.
You can check out our profiles on:
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Claims Bad Faith
- Breach of Insurance Contract
- ERISA and Disability Claims
- Colorado, 1998
- New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1999
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, New Jersey, 1993, J.D.
- Canisius College – Buffalo, New York, 1990 B.A.
- in History (with honors) and International Affairs
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubble peer review (Distinguished)
- Martindale-Hubble peer review process (Preeminent)
- Lawyer.com verified and featured attorney
- National History Honors Society
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Former - Rutgers University Student Bar Association, Brehan Law Society Committee Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Verified Consumer Fraud Attorney (LawInfo.com)
- Board of Directors, Highline Academy Charter Schools (former President)
- Boy Scouts of America
Past Employment & Positions
- U.S. District Court, WDNY (Law Clerk)
- U.S. Attorney's Office, WDNY (Law Clerk)
- U.S. Attorney's Office, EDPa (Law Clerk)
- Abraham Pressman & Bauer, P.C.
- James v. Coors Brewing Co., 73 FSupp 2d 1250 (D.Col 1999)
- Rosales v. City & County of Denver, 89 P. 3d 507 (Colo.App. 2004)
- Torrey v. Qwest Communications Int’l, Inc., 838 F. Supp. 2d 1201 (D. Colo. 2012)
- NASCA v. State Farm Ins., 12 P3d 346 (Colo App. 2000)
- Medical Legal Monitor (Contributing Author and Editorial Board), 1996
- CTLA Trial Talk (1999)
363 South Harlan Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80226PhoneFax