Experienced Trucking Accident Attorneys Serving Injury Victims Throughout Colorado
Fighting for your rights after a crash
Accidents involving commercial trucks can be incredibly dangerous, as the large size of these vehicles tends to cause significant injuries and property damage for other motorists on Colorado’s roads and highways. If you’ve been involved in a trucking accident and need to take legal action, turn to the dedicated personal injury lawyers at Silvern & Bulger, P.C. Our Lakewood-based attorneys have years of experience fighting for injury victims, and we are committed to protecting your rights each step of the way.
Understanding the common causes of trucking accidents
Commercial trucks have a lot of moving parts and require constant upkeep to be safe for travel on public roads. However, there are a number of issues that could lead to a serious trucking accident. These include the following:
- Driver error: Distractions, inexperience and drunk driving are all common factors in these crashes, as is the fact that drivers are often rushed to complete their routes on time. Truck drivers need to be especially careful when operating their rigs to protect everyone on the road.
- Improper loading: Crews need to exercise caution when loading semi-trucks, as overloaded or imbalanced loads can cause a truck to lose control, often tipping over or jack-knifing as a result.
- Equipment failure: These issues may be the result of poor manufacturing and design practices or a lack of maintenance on a commercial truck over time. Parts manufacturers or trucking companies may be liable.
- Hazardous conditions: Truck drivers should be extra careful when operating their vehicles during periods of inclement weather or when road conditions are poor. This is part of the basic training semi-truck operators should receive before heading out on the road.
- Other motorists: Drivers of other vehicles may operate recklessly near semi-trucks, changing lanes quickly and making unexpected moves that are difficult for truck drivers to anticipate. In these situations, you may need to seek compensation from the driver who caused the crash in the first place, even if it was the commercial truck that caused all or most of the damage.
Due to the wide range of contributing factors to trucking accidents, it’s important to work with one of our skilled lawyers to determine fault and take legal action on your behalf. We have the experience and knowledge you need as you seek monetary damages following a crash.
Meet with a dedicated truck accident attorney today
After a trucking accident causes serious injuries to you or a loved one, turn to the experienced personal injury lawyers at Silvern & Bulger, P.C. From our office in Lakewood, we proudly serve injury victims in Jefferson, Adams, Denver, Arapahoe, Douglas, Boulder and Broomfield counties. To set up a free initial consultation, call 303-292-0044 orcontact us online.
Be sure to check our BLOG entry for May 12, 2015, for a freeAuto Accident checklist!