- posted: Jan. 17, 2018
In Colorado, and in the Denver metro region, winter is a special time. With so many things to do, from skiing and snowboarding, to ice skating downtown, it is many peoples' favorite time of year! However, it is also the time when the snowy and icy conditions can lead to unexpected accidents. Ice and snow slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries to the neck, back, head, knees, shoulders, legs, arms, muscles, bones, tissues, and nerves. These injuries involve complex medical issues because they often require surgery, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries, including herniated and bulging discs (slipped discs), fractured/displaced vertebrae;
- Fractured/broken bones;
- Torn muscles, ligaments, and tendons, leading to arthroscopic surgery;
- Injuries to shoulders, knees, hips, ankles, wrists, hands, often resulting in surgery
- Sciatica, nerve damage, “pinched” nerves, radiculopathy, arthritis, often leading to surgery
- Paralysis (including paraplegia and quadriplegia) and;
- Death resulting from significant injuries, including head injuries
Because of the seriousness of the injuries that can result from slip and fall on ice accidents and the pain that accompanies these injuries, our clients often are forced to undergo surgery such as spinal surgery, open reduction, internal fixation/placement of hardware, hip replacement, knee replacement, and various arthroscopic surgeries.
Representing victims in slip and fall on ice cases is one of our main areas of practice, and has been for over 20 years. Regardless of whether slip and fall accident was the result of un-cleared snow on walkways, icy sidewalks on public or private property, or any other slip and fall injury, our expertise and services are designed to obtain fair and adequate compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, and future expenses associated with these devastating injuries.