You are in a wreck, you are hurt, and you find out the at-fault driver does not have any car insurance!  What do you do next?  If you are injured by a driver with no insurance, or who does not have enough insurance, it is important to talk to a lawyer today!

When a person is injured in an accident caused by another uninsured driver, there MAY be options.  You need to find out right away if you purchased  a UM/UIM policy (uninsured Motorist, or Underinsured Motorist).  If so, the policy you bought from your won insurance company will step into the shoes of the at-fault driver to cover damages.  This is also true in situations where the at-fault party does have insurance, but his or her policy limits do not cover the extent of the injured person’s expenses. There, the UM/UIM coverage will cover the difference between the policy’s limit of liability coverage and the amount of damages sustained.

These policies can also cover pedestrians and cyclists who are injured in a collision with a motorist.

The UM policy can also cover you if you are in a hit and run accident, and the other driver can't be found.

Your policy may have time limits and other complicated procedures.  To avoid any issues, call our firm for a free consultation at 303-292-0044 today!