I was in a car wreck! What next?
Motor vehicle accidents can cause substantial physical damage, and they’re often the result of someone’s negligence or irresponsible actions. If you’re dealing with injuries in the aftermath of a car crash, speak with an experienced lawyer at Silvern & Bulger, P.C. located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, our attorneys have been serving injured Coloradans since 1977. We represent automobile accident victims throughout Colorado, including in Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Denver, Aurora, Thorton, Jefferson, Adams, Arapaho, Douglas, Boulder, And Broomfield Counties. We give you the personal attention and sound legal guidance you need when seeking compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. To meet with an established lawyer who is truly dedicated to protecting your rights, call on our respected team.
Determining fault in your auto accident
One of the most important aspects of any car accident injury claim is determining who or what was at fault for the crash. The following are some of the most common factors:
- Distracted driving: With the widespread use of cell phones and mobile devices, texting while driving and other forms of distraction have become major problems across the country. It takes an average of about five seconds to respond to a text message, enough time to travel the length of a football field at 55 miles per hour.
- Fatigued driving: When drivers are tired, they may not react as quickly to situations to avoid a car accident. In the most serious cases, motorists may fall asleep at the wheel — especially when driving early in the morning or late at night.
- Drunk driving: It is incredibly irresponsible to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated, as it reduces one’s reaction time and makes it more difficult for someone to notice other vehicles and pedestrians, particularly at night.
- Reckless driving: Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, swerving between lanes and speeding, create a greater risk of accidents occurring. It’s important for motorists to remain calm and avoid reckless driving due to stress or anger.
- Inclement weather: Snowy, rainy and foggy conditions may make it difficult for drivers to see, and slick roads could make it easier for a motorist to lose control of a vehicle. Drivers must make the necessary adjustments when operating in these conditions.
- Poor road conditions: Government agencies in charge of road upkeep may be at fault for a crash if they have failed to maintain adequate conditions for motorists.
As you can see, there may be a number of parties or conditions that can contribute to a crash. Our attorneys thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your auto accident, helping to determine fault and taking swift legal action on your behalf. This may include seeking compensation from the responsible parties and their insurance companies. We go the extra mile to ensure that all possible claims are explored, including liability insurance, umbrella insurance, uninsured motorist insurance, and underinsured motorist insurance.
We can also help you analyze whether you have other insurance benefits available including long term disability, short term disability, social security disability, workers compensation, or other disability insurance benefits.
Speak with an experienced auto accident lawyer today
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in an auto accident, work with the compassionate attorneys at Silvern & Bulger, P.C. From our office in Wheat Ridge, we proudly service individuals and families in Jefferson, Adams, Denver, Arapahoe, Douglas, Boulder and Broomfield counties. For a free initial consultation, call 303-292-0044 or contact us online.
Be sure to check our BLOG entry for May 12, 2015, for a free Auto Accident checklist!