Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is right around the corner, and we hope everyone has a fun, “scary” and safe night! Here are a few friendly reminders for a safe night:
- Always cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and watch for cars!
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks available, have your kids walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Be sure to supervise younger kids. Join kids under age 12 for trick-or-treating. If kids are old and mature enough to be out without supervision, tell them to stick to familiar areas that are well lit.
- If possible, trick-or-treat in groups and keep an eye out for each other.
Even if you are as careful as possible, accidents can sometimes happen. We handle car accident cases, as well as auto-pedestrian accidents, and hit and run accidents. If you or a loved one are injured, call for a free consultation today!